Community Tennis Guidelines: Regional Victoria
Please note the Community Tennis Guidelines - Regional Victoria for your information and actions - Enjoy you game and Stay safe.
On 2 August, the State Government announced Stage 3 Restrictions for Regional Victoria, effective from 11.59pm 5 August. As a result, tennis can continue in a limited form.
The directions of the Victorian Government for Regional Victoria:
• Community competition must be cancelled until further notice
• Outdoor courts may remain open for the following:
o Outdoor tennis is permitted for two people.
o Doubles is permitted only with people from the same household.
• Outdoor tennis facilities can host up to 10 patrons at a time subject to 1.5 metres distancing requirements
• Tennis equipment must not be shared
• A register of participant details that enter the facility must be maintained,
• Participants 12 years and older must wear a face covering from the Carpark.
• If you are doing strenuous physical exercise you do not need to wear a face covering but you must carry one with you. Strenuous exercise can include playing tennis.
• It is the responsibility of each council, coach, club and operator to work together to make this assessment based on individual circumstances.
Before you play
• Please stay at home if you have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days or have mild flu-like symptoms. If you are in a high risk health category, please consider whether you should be administering or playing tennis at any time during this period, please do not take unnecessary risks.
Attending tennis activities
• Only people core to playing or coaching should be at the venue
• Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you need to be there
• In orderto comply with relevant Child Safety guidelines, at least one parent/guardian should have line of sight of younger children during the tennis activity.
• Keep 1.5 metres away from other people while attending a tennis activity.
• Remember no handshakes or high fives, try tapping racquets instead.
• Wash/sterilise your hands before and after you play
• Avoid touching your face while playing.
• Not share water bottles and bring your own bottle, already full.
• Bring your own hand sanitiser
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow
• Be aware of what surfaces you touch and ensure you clean them after play.
• Wear a mask when travelling to and from the venue if over the age of 12, unless an exemption applies.
President 0400 756 854